Season 43 General Auditions:
This is How it Goes by Neil LaBute
Somebody/Nobody by Jane Martin
Memory House by Kathleen Tolan
Date(s)/Time(s) of Auditions:
Tuesday, October 1, 2014
6:30 pm – 9:00 pm or until everyone has auditioned
Location of Auditions:
Theatre Company Studio 164
Reno Hall 164
4001 W McNichols Rd
Detorit, MI 48221
Use the Livernois Campus entrance.
No Appointments, first come – first serve
PAID Professional Roles available:
This is How it Goes: Man, Belinda, Cody
Somebody/Nobody: Sheena and Joe Don
Memory House: Mother
See breakdown for all roles.
Other roles are open to local professionals for minimum or no pay.
This is How it Goes:
- MAN– will be played by Brian Thibault – narrator, racist, bigot,
- BELINDA- 30’s, white, in a deceptive interracial marriage with Cody, secretly attracted to Man, a white high school friend of hers and Cody.
- CODY – 30’s, rich, black, and different. Is in an unhappy interracial marriage with Belinda. Full of attitude yet a very caring and compassionate man.
- WAITRESS – local student waitress, checked out of reality, works hard yet is clueless
- LOLI - A Kansas small town girl with grit who repairs truck motors and has a crush on the celebrity culture of Hollywood, where she now lives. “Glaringly average” shy, opeful. Age 20 – 30. Lean, loose, a comedienne.
- SHEENA – B Movie Goddess specializing in ‘eaten-by-shark’ roles. Very voluptuous and emotional. 25 – 30
- JOE DON -- Survivalist and Bounty Hunter from Kansas. Tough, muscular, 25 – 40
- STALKER -- Vampire wannabe, girl Goth, orange hair, crazy weird. 18 – 25
- GALAXY – Super agent of Sheena – sexually indeterminate power broker. 30s
- BEVERLY – Japanese or Korean graduate student. Intense intellectual. Early 20s.
- MOTHER – 32 – 40 years old, homemaker, mother of adopted daughter, traditional values
- DAUGHTER – 16-17 yrs old, born in Russia, doesn’t always see eye to eye with her mother.
1 Comic Monologue – 2 minutes max
1 Serious Monologue – 2 minutes max
Please bring a current headshot and resume
Equity Contract (if yes, Type of Contract):
Equity contract may be possible for Guest Artist Tier 2
AEA $320 a week.
Non-equity professionals: $400-$600 total for rehearsals and six performances.
This is How it Goes: 10/7-11/15
Somebody/Nobody: 1/6 – 2/6
Memory House: 2/24 – 3/27
Rehearsals depends on actors schedules. Normally Mon-Fri 6:00 – 10:00 p.m. Some Sundays.
This is How it Goes: November 15, 16, 17, 22, 23, 24
Somebody/Nobody: February 7, 8, 9, 14, 15, 16
Memory House: March 28, 29, 30, April 4, 5, 6
Performance Scholarship Auditions
Freshman and transfer students for fall 2014: Please prepare two contrasting age appropriate monologues for your audition. Performance Scholarships are available between $500 and $5000 each year – depending on performance in program and acceptance into UDM. Auditions are arranged through Greg Grobis at 313-993-3273 and can be schedule through mid-March.