Season 44 Auditions and Workshop Notice:
“It’s A Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play” Audition
Monday, October 20 at 7:00 pm in Reno Hall 164
Electronic script available by contacting Professor Grobis at email@example.com
Prepare to two short monologues in different character voices.
Musical Theatre Audition Workshop
Thursday, November 13 at 7:00 pm in Reno Hall 164
Want to be a musical theatre actor? Learn how to audition for musical theatre. We will also discuss the musical theatre industry and tips on having a successful musical theatre experience. This is a preparation for the December 8 audition for the musical “Alexander”.
“Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day” Audition
Monday, December 8 at 7:00 pm in Reno Hall 164
Electronic script and score will be available stating November 10.
Prepare 90-second comedic monologue and 16 bars for music to perform.
Freshman Entrance Auditions and Scholarships
Admission to the Performing Arts Program and The Theatre Company is a two-step process:
Step One: Apply for admission to UDM. Apply online for free by visiting on at www.udmercy.edu/apply Application to University must be submitted before step two.
Step Two: Audition for entrance into The Theatre Company’s Program. An audition on UDM’s campus is required for consideration for Theatre Company Scholarships.
UDM Audition Dates:Saturday, December 13
Saturday, February 14
*Additional audition dates can be arranged through Professor Grobis at 313-993-3269.
1. Preform two memorized contrasting monologues (comic/serious, contemporary/historical)
2. Provide a copy of your resume and current headshot. Scrapbooks and press clippings will not be accepted.
3. Participate in an interview with members of the faculty.
*Stage Managers and Undecided Theatre Students do not have to perform but need to provide a letter of recommendation from a theatre teacher or qualified professional that speaks about the student’s strengths.
Theatre Company Scholarship opportunities:
- The Theatre Company Performance Scholarship – Elite Scholarship for Theatre Majors based on Audition and involvement in Theatre Company. Amount: Up to 50% of tuition ($18,000) for four years.
- The Geradine Regal Scholarship – Application required. For Theatre Majors based on involvement and work as a Company member. Amount up to $4,000 annually.
- The Theatre Scholarship – up to $1,000 for Theatre Majors